Retirement Property resales for McCarthy & Stone
McCarthy & Stone (Mc&S) is the largest UK retirement housebuilder, with more than a thousand retirement property developments around the country and an active construction schedule for new projects.
Types of retirement property available
Retirement Living: private apartments in a social setting.
- People choose this type of retirement property for the freedom it offers and the ability to live independently well into later life.
- Apartments are designed specifically for the changing needs of older people.
- All maintenance is taken care of by the House Manager.
- The development is safe and secure, and residents can go away for long periods if they wish, knowing their apartment is in good hands.
- For those who want to expand their social circle, these developments have welcoming communal spaces and organise regular social activities.
Assisted Living: combining independent living with extra care and support.
This type of retirement property is ideal for older people who are in need of some extra personal care but are perfectly capable of living independently in their own apartment.
- Apartments are designed to make life easier, with features such as walk-in showers.
- Communal facilities include a wait-service restaurant, lounge, gardens and other outside spaces.
- Guest facilities for friends and family to stay
- Care packages can be tailored to your needs and are provided on-site by their own management company, YourLife.
Homeowners pay a monthly service charge to meet the costs of running the development. This includes interior and exterior property maintenance and cleaning, utilities for communal areas, water rates in the apartment, security and safety services, onsite staff, buildings insurance. All items covered are provided at cost.
For Assisted Living apartments the service charge also includes one hour per week of domestic assistance, the service and subsidised meal prices in the restaurant, complimentary refreshments in the communal lounge, subsidised guest facilities and on-site staff 24/7.
RetirementMove is the preferred agent for selling and buying pre-owned Mc&S apartments. Our team has an unparalleled knowledge and experience of selling properties from this housebuilder and will work hard to sell your home as quickly as possible for the right price.
Call us to arrange a valuation on 0800 080 3080 or search our property listings.
Mc&S offer part exchange to buyers of their new properties in partnership with Citrus PX, a sister company of RetirementMove. Find out more.